Steamed Oysters With Garlic Topping
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Here's a simple way to capture the freshness of oysters or other shell-fish. If you use smaller oyster, you may wish to increase their number and shorten the cooking time. A Stephen Wong Recipe.
- Ready In:
- 8 large oysters, shucked and left on halfshell (retain oyster liquid in shells)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- arrange oysters in halfshell on a heat resistant plate ready for steamer.
- heat small skillet over medium heat, add oil, then the garlic and cook until pale golden, about 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- please be very careful with the next step, only attempt if you confident in the kitchen behind the stove.
- add brandy and ignite, shaking pan to mix, cook until alcohol is burned off, about 15 seconds.
- spoon topping over each oyster. top with green onion.
- place plate of oysters in steamer. cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION