Steamed Mint Fish
- Ready In:
- 5 pieces fish fillets or 3 whole pomfret fish
- 1 middle finger size ginger
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 handful mint leaves
- 1 handful cilantro leaf
- 2 green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- according to taste salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- banana leaves or aluminium foil pieces to wrap
- Make a fine paste of ginger, garlic, green chillies, 1 tsp lemon juice, cilantro and mint leaves.
- Mix well 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and a pinch of salt and season the fish fillets with this mixture.
- After 5-6 mins, Coat the fishes with the paste well and wrap each piece in the banana leaves and tie with twines or aluminium foil papers can also be used. Keep them in a steam pan for 20 mins.
- Serve with sliced onions and cucumbers seasoned with lemon juice, pepper and salt (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!