Steaks With Garlic-Wasabi Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 5 teaspoons wasabi powder, dissolved in
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 32 ounces beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2-inches thick
- Combine all ingredients except wasabi mixture in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Strain into medium saucepan.
- Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in wasabi mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill).
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley and garlic in small bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Broil to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over steaks.
- Broil until breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Bring sauce to simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add remaining 5 tablespoons butter, whisking just until melted.
- Arrange onions in center of 4 plates.
- Top with steaks.
- Spoon sauce around steaks and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"