Steaks with Butter Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a family favorite. Very rich though. Not sure what the cornstarch does, but I always use it. I have also just made the sauce and served it over outdoor grilled steaks. Just as yummy.
- Ready In:
- 4 steaks, your choice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut up
- Rub each side of the steaks with 1/2 tsp cornstarch.
- Heat butter and garlic in wide, heavy pan.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Saute steaks in pan until done to your liking.
- Remove to heated pan or plate.
- Add onion to pan, saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and broth, bring to a boil.
- Add butter, piece by piece, until sauce is smooth and well blended.
- Pour sauce over steaks, or serve on side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION