Steak With Black Pepper Sauce
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 450 g beef top round steak
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, pounded using mortar and pestle
- 100 ml red wine
- 100 ml beef stock, from 1/2 cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tsp water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
8 tbs Marinade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or runny honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn, pounded using mortar and pestle
- fresh thyme leave
- For the marinade, mix well all ingredients. Place steaks in a resealable plastic bag, add marinade, close, shake to coat the steaks and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Take the steaks out of the marinade and cook (without any oil) in a well-heated frying pan on medium high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Place the cooked steaks on a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the saucepan used to cook the steaks. Add red wine and deglaze the pan. Simmer for a few seconds to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add remaining crushed black pepper, beef broth, liquid collected from the cooked steak, cream and Worcester sauce. Simmer for few minutes and thicken the sauce with cornstarch solution.
- Arrange cooked steak on a plate with basmati rice. Ladle black pepper sauce over the steak and serve immediately.
- Serve with plain Basmati rice and green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!