Steak With Beetroot Mash
photo by hello
- Ready In:
- Peel the beetroot and chop into small chunks. Place in a pan of boiling water and leave for approximately 30 minutes (until the beetroot has softened).
- Meanwhile peel the potatoes and chop into small chunks, then place in a separate pan and boil until softened (approx. 20 minutes). Drain, then add the mixed herbs, oregano, garlic and almond milk. Mash until creamy then set aside until the beetroot is ready.
- In a frying pan add a few sprays of olive oil and fry the steaks on a high heat for 1 minute each side. Turn down to a medium heat, then continue frying the steaks for 3 minutes each side (this is for medium rare. If you like your steak cooked well done add an extra minute or just cook for 2 minutes for rare).
- Place the kale and sesame seeds in another frying pan and wilt until softened.
- When the beetroot is ready, drain, then add to the pan with the mashed potatoes and mash until creamy and fully combined.
- Plate up and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!