Steak Tacos With Lime Mayo
- Ready In:
- 20 baby sweet peppers
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon water
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 Cup)
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange bell peppers in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan; lightly coat peppers with cooking spray. Broil peppers 4 minutes on each side or until blackened. Cool slightly; discard stems. Cut peppers into strips.
- Combine chipotle, paprika, and salt; rub spice mixture evenly over steak. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 10 minutes; thinly slice steak across the grain. Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients; stir well.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat, directly on the eye of a burner, for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates. Divide steak evenly among tortillas; top each taco with 1/4 cup sweet peppers, 1 tablespoon salsa, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!