Steak Served on Parmesan Toasts With Sour Cream/Onion/Garlic Sau
This is a different way to serve your favorite steak. The sauce is wonderful. The original recipe is said to be French Cuisine by Debra Weber and I changed it some for us, so not sure if it is still considered French. Hope you enjoy
- Ready In:
- 4 New York strip steaks
- 4 slices French bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 green onions with tops, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 drops Frank's red hot sauce or 6 -8 drops jalapenos, sauce
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a skillet, melt butter over moderately low heat and cook the green onions and garlic until they are soft.
- Remove skillet from the heat and whisk in the sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, red hot sauce or jalapeno hot sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Grill steaks to the desired degree of doneness.
- While the steaks are grilling, prepare the toasts.
- Sprinkle each slice of toast with Parmesan cheese and broil for about 1 minute, until cheese is bubbly.
- When steaks are done, transfer to a carving plater and allow to rest for about 1 minute.
- Slice the steaks, reserving the juice.
- Add the juice to the sour cream/onion/garlic sauce and stir.
- Place the Parmesan toast on the plates.
- Arrange the steak slices on top of the toast in overlapping slices and then the remaining slices around the toast.
- Put some of the sauce over the steaks and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
OMG!!! This is to die for!!! I made this to serve two for DS and myself. The only thing I changed was to use regular onion instead of the green onion. I didn't watch my bread as closely as I should have, as I was grilling the steaks outside and had the bread inside in the broiler, so it got a little blackened on the edges, but no big deal, it still tasted wonderful. Will definitely be making this again, but next time make the bread ahead of time, lol!! Thanks Nimz for posting!!
WOW!!!!! This is absolutely wonderful! What a main course this makes! Served this last night with a ceasar salad and some roasted fennel/peppers--what a delightful meal! Followed the recipe exactly(did cut it down for 2 people) and what a treat it was! We are not normally fans of sauces on our steak but this........this was wonderful! Neither of us can wait to have this meal again! Thank you so very much for posting this recipe!