Steak San Marco
I found this recipe about 30 years ago in a magazine - though I no longer remember which one. Wonderful when you want a meat dish!! And very simple to make.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, cut into serving pieces.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (I use Lipton's)
- 1 (16 ounce) can peeled Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- garlic powder, to taste (or garlic clove, chopped fine)
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I prefer olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- In a large skillet, arrange meat.
- Cover with other ingredients.
- Simmer covered 1 and 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Thank you for posting this... this was one of my Father's favorite meals, & he had been making out ever since he found the recipe on the Lipton onion soup box. Dad taught it tho me when I was very young, 12, perhaps. I've been wanting to make this for so long, & finally I turned to the internet for help! Now my brother & I will have happy memories while eating this delicious meal.1Reply
Thank you SO much for posting this recipe. I used to make this back in the late 60's and I'm thinking maybe I got the recipe from an onion soup mix package. I don't know where my recipe box is so this was very handy to come across. I serve it over noodles and it is always delicious. I wasn't sure about the seasonings but did remember most of them. Thanks again! Dottie1Reply
My grandmother used to make this recipe when I was a kid. It was my favorite meal she used to make. She never told anyone the recipe, but I was able to find the original recipe when I was going through all her recipes. Still one of my favorite dinners. I add a few veggies (onions, peppers, and mushrooms) just to the over all amount of beef I use. I have also cooked it in the slow cooker. Still comers out great.1Reply
see 16 more