Steak Salad With Balsamic Roasted Peppers
We had some leftover marinated steak last night and some peppers to use up. I'm sure there is more we could come up with on it...so if you try it, please tell me if you have suggestions! Preparation time is if you are starting from scratch with the marinade for the steak.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 40mins
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb steak, marinated, cooked and cut into 1 1/2-inch thin strips across the grain
- 6 cups mixed lettuce greens
- roasted red pepper salad dressing or tequila lime salad dressing
- crumbled feta, to taste
- Combine your favorite marinade ingredients. Marinate meat overnight.
- Broil or grill steak for 12-15 minutes until done to your taste.
- Cut across grain into 1 1/2" thin strips.
- Char peppers in a skillet in olive oil until slightly blackened and blistered on medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add balsamic vinegar to the skillet.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat until vinegar is reduced to a syrup consistency.
- Put salad in bowl.
- Top with cut marinated steak, salad dressing, feta and peppers.