Steak Parmesan Subs (Sandwiches)
My favorite sandwich at our local pizza shop. I'm so glad I figured out how to make them at home!
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 sandwich steaks, broken into 1 inch wide strips (I use Philly Gourmet)
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce (I use Bertolli's Vidalia Onion with Roasted Garlic) or 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 steak rolls or 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 -8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Fry sandwich steaks in frying pan, stirring often.
- When no longer pink, pour off grease. I also usually blot the with paper towels to remove even more.
- Stir in sauce.
- On a baking sheet, lay steak or hoagie buns open flat.
- Divide meat mixture evenly and place on both sides of the buns.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place under broiler about 5-6 minutes or until cheese has melted and it starting to brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was my first time using sandwich steaks (I bought Philly Gourmet) and I'm glad I choose this recipe for my initiation! They were a big hit with all of us. I used Newman's Own marinara, and bought a ball of fresh mozzarella that I sliced. Had them with a fettucini side. I'm sure I'll be making them again. Thanks!