Steak 'n' Baked
photo by Queen uh Cuisine
- Ready In:
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 12 -16 ounces boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 3⁄4 cup bottled bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1 small red onion, cut in thin wedges
- Wash potatoes; pierce with fork.
- Arrange potatoes on microwave-safe plate in spoke formation, leaving 1 inch between each potato.
- Micro-cook on high (100 percent power), uncovered, 14 to 18 minutes or until tender. (Or bake potatoes in 425 degree F oven for 40 to 60 minutes.)
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Trim fat from steak.
- Place meat on unheated rack of broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 16 to 18 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 19 to 21 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through broiling. Transfer meat to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Or, to grill, prepare steak as above.
- For charcoal grill, grill on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals 18 to 22 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning once. For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium.
- Place meat on grill rack over heat.
- Cover; grill as above.
- To serve, roll each potato gently under your hand.
- Cut an X in top of potato. Press in and up on ends of potato.
- Cut steak in bite-size strips.
- Top potatoes with beef strips and spinach; drizzle with dressing.
- Top with onion wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh yum..this was amazing...DH was in heaven!<br/>I used skirt steak tossed in a little smokey bbq seasoning and then flash fried, and threw some crumbled Stilton cheese into the potato and on top of steak too.<br/>Fabulous flavours for very little effort...a thoroughly enjoyable dinner..thanks Annacia x<br/>Made for PRMR.
My husband says, "Now, this is a baked potato!" He can not say he did not get his meat and potatoes tonight, now can he? I used the George Foreman Grill to cook my steak. This method only took 5 minutes to cook the steak to 145 degrees. I also added some Danish Blue Cheese before adding the dressing. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game from October 13th, 2010
Delicious. I have made this several times already as both my husband and I love it. It is so easy and good. A whole meal in one dish. As I was looking through my Zaar Beef Cookbook, I noticed that I hadn't written a review for this. Sorry! We are having this again tonight. My hubby will be so happy. Thanks again, Annacia.
This was really good!! My son doesn't like blue cheese so he had a light balsamic vinaigrette which he loved. I like blue cheese :) I cooked the steak stove top and it worked wonderfull. What an easy "one plate" meal. Thanks Annacia for a great addition to my fav's. Just a note....If you reheat your dinner in the microwave the spinich will become bitter. So don't... LOL :) Made for Newest Zaar tag 2008