photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 4 (8 ounce) rib eye steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Sprinkle steaks on both sides with pepper, and salt.
- In a large skillet, cook onion and mustard in 2 tablespoons butter for 1 minute, and add steaks.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (medium rare meat thermometer reading of 145 degrees), (medium 160 degrees), and well done (170 degrees.).
- Remove steaks to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and the remaining butter.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add parsley and chives.
- Serve with steaks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great recipe! That being said, I had a 1 inch ribeye, so it needed to cook longer. My green onions turned into little black pebbles! So next time, I'll cook the steak in the butter, and not add anything until I'm ready to make the sauce. This is the first year I have started cooking steaks in a skillet....I'm a charcoal grill fanatic, so if I liked this recipe, it has to be good!
I'm sorry to say this was not all that well liked here. The sauce just seemed too tart. I ate it, but The Picky One would not until I washed off the steak. Thanks for posting, but I probably will not be making this again. Steaks turned out medium rare using these directions. I generally buy thicker steaks if I can, so nice to have these instructions for thinner cuts.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>