Steak - Bobcat Country Style
- Ready In:
1 fabulous steak
- Place steak on deep plate or in pie pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder, too much will kill your meat's flavor.
- Cover very generously with seasoning salt, you can't add to much of this.
- Add plenty of worsteschire sauce, making sure it gets through the seasonings to the steak.
- Flip steak over and repeat all 3 ingredients in order.
- Let marinate for 20 - 45 minutes, flipping over at half time.
- Heat your grill on the highest setting for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add steak once grill is hot and pour 1/2 of the remaining marinade on the steak - be careful not to let the grill flame up.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes and rotate the steak 180 degrees.
- Cook for another 3 minutes and turn the steak over, pour the remaining marinade on at this time, again watch out for flames.
- Cook for 3 minutes and rotate the steak 180 degrees.
- Your steak is done when you see the meat starting to separate from the bone, but cut into it to check for individual preference on color.
- These instructions are for a 2 - 2 1/2 lb. porterhouse steak, about 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick, cooked on a regular gas grill, preferably to a rare (warm red) state. If cooking for guests sharing the steak, you can always cook a little longer in the microwave for those that like the center pink or well done.
- Serve hot with your favorite red wine and good cheese, light salads & herb pasta or mashed potatoes and steamed veggies aren't a bad idea either.
- Best part is any leftovers make great cold steak salads, yummy toppings for nachos or breakfast fillings for tortillas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!