Stage Deli Potato Latkes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are the latkes made by the Stage Deli in New York, and they are delicious. Make sure you have sour cream and applesauce to accompany.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled,cubed (about 2 lbs)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup matzo meal
- vegetable oil
- sour cream
- Using on/off turns, finely chop potatoes in processor.
- Transfer to strainer set over large bowl and drain well, pressing hard on potatoes.
- Discard potato juices.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs to blend.
- Mix in potatoes and onion.
- Add matzo meal and stir to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Pour oil into large skillet to depth of ¼ inch.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, drop potato mixture into skillet by ¼ cupfuls.
- Using spatula, flatten into 3-inch-diameter pancakes.
- Cook until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer pancakes to paper towels to drain.
- Keep warm in preheated oven while cooking remaining potato pancakes.
- Serve pancakes warm with sour cream and applesauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION