Stacked Norwegian Pancakes
photo by Maryland Jim
- Ready In:
- Sift flour and salt.
- Add milk and eggs, and beat together very well. Batter should be the consistancy of heavy cream.
- Heat a10 inch pan,lightly greased.
- Pour a little batter into the pan, and tilt the pan around to spread the batter evenly and thinly over the bottom.
- When lightly brown, flip and cook the other side.
- Put on a serving plate and spread with jelly.
- Repeat, stacking 6-8 pancakes in one pile.
- Slice like a cake and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved these! I halved the recipe for the two of us and cooked them in a slightly smaller skillet. Topped with raspberry jam and dusted with powdered sugar right before serving. Delicious! This is a great recipe to use when you want breakfast to seem a little more special.. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Seattle, but have also lived in the DC area, the Mid-west, California, the South, and New England, as well as China and India plus travel a fair bit, so I have experienced a good number of cuisines and like them all. I eat mostly vegetarian and mostly do a lot of scratch cooking. I am known for my creative use of leftovers and whatever is in the fridge. Too bad those recipes can't go easily into Zaar.</p>