St. Joseph's Feast Day Pasta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
St. Joseph's Day is on March 19 and is a big deal in R.I. It is a tradition for Italians, Italian Americans, and people who love Italian food. This dish is served in honor of San Giuseppe, the patron saint of the working man.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or more)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, minced
- 1⁄2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1/4-1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a stockpot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and cook the garlic until golden brown in color.
- Add the parsley, bread crumbs and nuts.
- Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sauce to drained pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION