Squid Acqua Pazza
photo by Pearl Ishizaki
- Ready In:
- 1 piece squid
- 4 asparagus
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 1 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red miso
- 1⁄2 tablespoon wheat miso
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- Wash and clean the squid well. Slice the body into bite-sized rings then toss it with about 2 teaspoons of white wine.
- Slice asparagus diagonally. Slice the celery thinly. Cut the tomato in half then remove the head part. Slice each half into quarters along its length then slice in half along its width. Slice the garlic thinly. Slice the dried red chili pepper thinly and you can remove the seeds if you don’t want your dish to be too spicy.
- In a small bowl, combine wheat miso, red miso plus a tablespoon of white wine then mix the ingredients well.
- Turn on your stove to medium-low heat then add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until it releases its nice smell.
- Increase the heat to medium-high then add the asparagus, tomato, celery, squid and red chili pepper. Add about 2 tablespoons of white wine then mix quickly then cover.
- After 30 seconds, remove the lid then add the mixed miso and white wine. Stir-fry quickly then remove from heat.
- Serve it immediately and you’re done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I'm a YouTuber home chef from the Philippines now based in Japan. I love to share the recipes I've learned from my travels around Japan. Please enjoy my recipes.