Squashed Burgers and Chips
photo by CookingONTheSide
- Ready In:
- Heat skillet or grill to medium-high. Using the ground beef, form 4 patties of uniform size.
- Place in skillet or on grill and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Add cheese the last few minutes to melt.
- TO THE BOTTOM BUN: place the burger with cheese. Top with potato chips (be generous here).
- TO THE TOP BUN: spread some mayo. Place a leaf of lettuce, followed with a few slices of tomato and onion. Squirt a bit of ketchup over the chips.
- NOW HERE'S THE FUN PART: Carefully fold top half over chips. Now using your palm, squash it down firmly, hearing the chips crunch down good (really just to get it to fit in your mouth, lol). Grab lots of napkins and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love chip sandwiches so this was a great idea! I tried mine two different ways- the first as directed, when I found the juice from the tomato made the chips go soft quite quickly. So the second time I put the chips under the burger and they retained their crunch a lot better this way. Thanks for a lovely idea and a thoroughly enjoyed recipe!
Yummy yummy. If your going to have potato chips with a burger, might as well throw them on the burger! I did use plain ruffles chips, but it would be fun to try flavored ones...maybe dill pickle flavored? or some of the spicy kinds? I like the crunch for a different texture. What a simple and tasty burger. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag.