Squash Sauteed With Onions
A QUICK and EASY vegetable to prepare! The onions give added flavor along with the garlic powder and this dish can be served with any meat.
- Ready In:
- 3 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Prepare squash and place slices on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet and saute chopped onions. Dip out and set aside.
- Pat squash slices with a paper towel to soak up beaded water drops.
- Add vegetable oil to skillet and heat to medium temperature. Add squash slices and saute. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Lift squash to serving dish and top with onion pieces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a very simple side dish, but a very tasty one! I had just come from the produce market and was looking for a recipe to try when I found this. It's easy and what I like best about it (besides the taste lol) is that you can dress it up if you want to by adding a little crisp bacon, or even a little parmesan cxheese on top.Personally, I like mine just as is! Thanks so much for sharing! This will be a keeper for sure!