Spuma Di Tonno
This smooth tuna spread is incredibly simple, yet has great depth of flavor according to the site where I found this recipe. Serve it with grissini (breadsticks) or crostini to spread it on. Be sure to use oil-packed tuna rather than water packed. Time is estimated.
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna packed in oil, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Put tuna in a food processor and pulse to break up the fish.
- With the machine running, add the lemon juice, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Add butter and blend until smooth.
- scrape down the sides, season to taste with salt and pepper and blend again.
- Check the seasoning, then add the heavy cream and pulse to blend.
- Be careful not to overblend once the cream is added or the mixture may break.
- Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate.
- If refrigerated, return the spuma to room temperature before serving.