Sprouted Wheat Pie Crust
- Ready In:
1 1/2 crusts
- 2 cups sprouted wheat, whole wheat or 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup cold palm shortening (I use Spectrum brand)
- 5 -7 tablespoons ice water
- 1 dash vinegar
- 1. Make a cup or so of ice water with a dash of vinegar added (I prefer Bragg's vinegar, but any will do).
- 2. Mix together flour and salt.
- 3. Cut in butter and shortening to make small pieces.
- 4. Sprinkle in 1 Tablespoon of water at a time and gently mix with a fork. Repeat until all is mixed and forms a ball.
- 5. Cut ball in half.
- 6. Between two sheets of wax paper (floured slightly if needed), flatten ball with a rolling pin to desired thickness.
- 7. Peel off one side of the wax paper, transfer to a pie plate, and peel off the other side of the wax paper.
- 8. Trim and crimp edges.
- 9. Freeze or cook as pie recipe indicates.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!