Spritz Cookies for Cookie Press
photo by mconnolly99
- Ready In:
- Step 1: Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Step 2: Add egg and vanilla, mix until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all of the ingredients are combined.
- Step 3: Now, split the mixture in half. I press it down evenly in the bowl and then draw a line. Scoop one half into another bowl Not precise, but it works. One half (bowl) will be the classic version and the other half will be the chocolate version.
To the Classic version:
- add 1 3/4 cup flour and combine. I start with 1 1/2 cups flour and see if that is enough. We want a soft dough. If I add too much flour it becomes crumbly and won’t work in the cookie press. Thus, I start with a lower amount of flour and if needed, add more.
To the Chocolate version:
- add 1/8 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour and 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Step 5: Add the dough to your cookie press and press the cookies onto a cookie sheet. Decorate with colored sugar and sprinkles. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes; or until the edges are a light golden brown. Let them cool for two minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- As I said earlier, these cookies are not just for Christmas. You can make these all year round by changing the press and decorations. Imagine the possibilities…. recipe from: https://www.funinkeywest.com/2-best-ways-to-make-pampered-chef-spritz-cookie-recipe/.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!