This is on my list...to make very soon! I got the recipe from a recent copy of Ladies home Journal! I'm excited, because I can actually find 'frozen edamame up here!' UPDATE: We enjoyed this recipe!! I added a little crushed red chili flakes to the mixture..with the fresh corn!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb edamame, thawed
- 4 cups corn
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (or to taste) or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Melt butter and oil in large heavy skillet over med high heat and cook edamame, stirring until almost tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add corn fresh or frozen and onion and continue to cook, stirring until veggies are softened, about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let mixture cool slightly and stir in basil.
- Serve dish warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh Katie, this was wonderful and indeed better than my own. To trim the calories a bit, I skipped the butter and sprinkled on some Butter Buds at the end. Used white balsamic vinegar (my new addiction) in lieu of red wine vinegar. I have now enjoyed this hot, at room temperature and as a cold salad. All of the variations were slightly different and just delicious. With the warm the tang of the vinegar is a little more pronounced. Cold the next day the sweet herbal flavor of the basil stands out a bit more. Thanks!Reply