- Ready In:
10 spring rolls
- 1 boneless loin pork chop, about 1/2 lb
- 2 cups oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced bamboo shoot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 egg roll wraps
- With a cleaver or large knife, cut pork into fine shreds and then coarsely chop. Or coarsely chop in a food processor. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in a wok. Add pork and stir fry over high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl. Heat another 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in wok. Add minced scallions, bamboo shoots, cabbage, bean sprouts, and carrots. Stir fry until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, pepper, and cooked pork. Blend cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water. Add to wok and cook until thickened, stirring to blend well. Season with salt. Remove filling to a bowl, let cool slightly, then refrigerate 30 minutes. Fill wrappers and fold. Heat 2 cups of oil in a wok to 375*, or until a cube of bread browns in one minute. Deep fry spring rolls 2 or 3 at a time until crisp and golden. Remove with a strainer and drain on paper towels.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg"> src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">