Spring Roll Dipping Sauce / Nuoc Mam
photo by Mamas Kitchen Hope
- Ready In:
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, chopped
- chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine water, vinegar and sugar and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and add fish sauce.
- Add shredded carrots and mint.
- Taste and add more fish sauce and cayenne to taste.
- Cool before serving.
- Chopped chili peppers and finely chopped peanuts may also be added to warm sauce and then allowed to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious. Made with the Vietnamese Cold Spring rolls on this site. Was hoping this sauce would be much thicker but maybe I didn't cook it long enough or maybe it's supposed to be this way. It's still great and easy to make although it does make a ton. For two people I would scale to .25 or .5 serving.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Proud Zaar original member! Very disappointed with the new site.