Spring Garlic and Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped spring garlic (substitute green onions in off season)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, add potatoes and lower heat to simmer.
- Add minced garlic and black pepper and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add spring garlic and heavy cream and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together to make a slurry.
- Slowly pour the slurry into the soup, and bring to a boil to thicken.
- Thickness of the soup will depend on the starchiness of potato.
- When soup reaches desired thickness, add cheese. Thoroughly melt cheese and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!