Spring Chicken Casserole
From a old recipe card I found during a clean up. Times are estimated. Based on Annacia's review I would suggest adding more flour or adding less stock.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (100 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz)
- black pepper (ground to taste)
- 175 g baby onions (6 oz peeled)
- 175 g baby carrots (6 oz peeled)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 250 g baby potatoes (9 oz)
- 115 g button mushrooms (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour (all purpose)
- 450 ml chicken stock (3/4 pint)
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Season the chicken with pepper on both sides and then add them to the frying pan and quickly brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken and drain on paper towel and then transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Reduce the heat and add the baby onions, carrots, the garlic, the potatoes and the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the vegetable from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper and then add to the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and then blend in the stock, stirring until thickened and then add the tomatoes and half of the chopped parsley and stir well and then add to the casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole dish with a lid and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining chopped parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummy flavors that work perfectly together. My only problem was that the flour wasn't enough to thicken it to casserole consistency. I had a lovely broth and we love soups so I made no attempt to thicken it more when it came out of the oven. We loved the fresh veggies with the chicken and enjoyed it very much. As testament there were no leftovers :D. Made for Photo Tag.1Reply