Split Pea and Pumpkin Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Inspired by several similar recipes which just didn't quite have what I was in the mood for.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 3 cups water or 3 cups stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree or 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup dried split yellow peas
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup minced shallots or 1/4-1/2 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- Put it all in a small crock pot and cook on high for 3 or so hours, until done, stirring as needed to ensure it's not sticking on the bottom.
- Puree with stick blender, if desired. I prefer mine with texture.
- Optional: top with a dollop of vegan sour cream. Yummy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION