Spirited Orange-Pecan Frangipane Tart
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 confectioners' sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup pecans, toasted lightly, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup wholed almonds, toasted lightly, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 large egg white (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 350°F
- Blend flour, sugar and salt in processor. Add butter and blend until coarse meal forms. Add orange concentrate and blend untl moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 11-inch round. Transfer to 9 1/2 -inch round tart pan with removable bottom. Pierce all over with fork; chill 10 minutes. Bake 3 minutes; press up sides of crust with back of fork if slipping. Bake until crust is pale golden, pressing with back of fork if crust bubbles. about 12 minutes longer.
- FRANGIPANE: Blend toasted pecans, almonds, 1/2 cup brown sugar, orange peel and cinnamon in processor until moist paste forms; mix in egg white. Crumble frangipane over bottom of crust.
- FOR FILLING: Combine eggs, 1/2 cup corn syrup, orange juice concentrate, bourbon, vanilla, salt and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in processor bowl. Pulse 2 times just to blend. Pour egg mixture evenly over franigpane. Starting at edge and pointing nuts toward center of tart, arrange pecan halves in concentric circles atop filling.
- Bake tart until filling is firm to touch in center, about 30 minutes. Transfer tart to rack. Brush pecan halves lightly with additonal corn syrup to glaze. Cool tart completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.