Spinning Grillers- Beef and Lamb Shawarma
photo by SpinningGrillers
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 1 lb lamb
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all of the ingredients with the meat and let it sit in the fridge for at least 45minutes. It is best to marinate overnight.
If you have a Vertical Broiler such as Spinning Grillers you can follow the following:
- How to assemble the tower of meat?.
- Begin with the longer piece of meat on the bottom of the tower and start assembling the next pieces in a criss-cross manner. You can layer pieces of meat on top of each other without having to insert them through the spit. Some recipes include a layer of fat in between the stacks of meat. The purpose of adding this layer is to keep the mea moist. Place a tomato or onion on top of the tower and you are ready to grill it.
- If you do not have Shawarma Machine, you can use your grill to sear and cook the meat, then slice thin and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!