Spinach With Sesame Seed Dressing #2 (Horenso No Goma Ae)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dashi
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces spinach
- Heat sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring or shaking pan constantly, until seeds are light brown and first popping sound occurs, about 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1 teaspoons (5 ml.) of the toasted sesame seeds. Grind remaining seeds in a mortar and pestle or grinder until smooth. Combine ground seeds, sugar, soy sauce, and dashi in a small bowl to make dressing. Set aside.
- Heat 1 quart (1 liter) water and the salt to boiling in a 2-quart saucepan; add spinach. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until spinach is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain spinach. Rinse undeer cold running water; drain. Squeeze spinach to remove excess moisture. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine spinach and dressing in a medium bowl and toss lightly until thoroughly mixed. Divide evenly into 4 small bowls and garnish with reserved sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>This site has gotten so horribly bad over the past couple of years, I have stopped using it to manage my recipes and have gone over to using another one, which I have been forbidden to mention on Food.com. It's no secret that there are competitors; send me a message if you are in the same boat and would like to know. For now, I only frequent a few of the forums and that's it. The Titanic has sailed!</p>