Spinach Tortillas - Green and Yummy!
photo by Pajene
- Ready In:
- In a cup, microwave water, butter and oil for a minute or two (enough to melt butter).
- Meanwhile in food processor place flour, sprinkle with salt and add spinach leaves. Chop until flour turns green and there are no longer large leaf pieces.
- Transfer green flour to a bowl and pour water mixture over top.
- Knead with hands. If dough is too dry add a little water, if too wet add a little flour. (however this shouldn't be necessary).
- Now form 8 small balls and set them in back in the bowl.
- Cover with a damp cloth/ paper towel.
- Let rest 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out your tortillas as thin as you can, over wax paper.
- Heat up your griddle or skillet over low heat. Do not grease.
- Carefully peel your tortilla from the paper and place into hot skillet.
- Flip repeatedly to prevent burning. Allowing about 5-8 seconds per side until golden bubbles appear on the tortilla - this means they are ready!
- Remove from heat and enjoy them warm or let them cool.
- They can be refrigerator stored in air tight bag - Ready to use for all your favorite snack wrap combination. (If tortillas seem too stiff taken straight out of refrigerator, they can be microwaved for a few seconds to soften them again).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!