Spinach Strauss Salad with Gooseneck Dressing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An unusual salad with a very distinct-flavored dressing. Recipe is from the Calgary Inn, Alberta, Canada.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄3 cup of cooked chopped bacon
- 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon maggi seasoning (Asian section of supermarket)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in wooden bowl; squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon and add raw egg.
- Stir well.
- Add bacon, chopped egg and spinach.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle with a little lemon juice and serve.
- Must be served cold.
- Serve with gooseneck dressing.
- Gooseneck Dressing: Dissolve all of the dressing ingredients in the vinegar except the oil.
- Add oil, slowly.
- Keep whisking until well blended.
- Makes 1 quart.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION