From Wegmans Menu Magazine - Winter 09-10
- Ready In:
- 1 small white onion, 0 . 5 inch dice (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (32 ounce) carton vegetable stock
- 2 (5 ounce) packages spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herb seasoning salt
- 1 egg, poached (optional)
- Add onions and oil to stockpot on medium-low. Cook, stirring, 10 min or longer, until onions are soft and translucent, but not browned.
- Add stock and spinach, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to simmer, cook about 3 min or until spinach is wilted and tender.
- Remove pot from heat. Puree soup carefully with handheld blender until smooth. Season to taste with herb seasoning salt. Ladle into warm bowls. Top with poached egg.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION