Spinach Salad With Orange Vinaigrette
This is a light and tasty salad that goes well with summer dinners. I usually serve it with my Fruity Gazpacho. You can sub dried cranberries or dried cherries if strawberries aren't available. Another recipe I adapted from the Low Fat Living Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 4 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 8 medium fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted
- salt and black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, oil, vinegar and orange rind.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the endive, spinach, oranges, strawberries and walnuts.
- Toss to mix.
- add the vinaigrette and toss gently to mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was unable to find the Belgian endive. I would love to try this again with the missing endive. I used a combination of spinach and mixed greens, followed the directions for the dressing and added several grinds of fresh black pepper before serving. The dressing is very light, mild with a nice citrus flavor. It is a colorful and attractive salad. I think it would also be good to add some cooked, chilled chicken breast for a complete meal.Reply