Spinach Salad With Feta and Nutmeg
photo by AllergyGirl
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2⁄3 lb fresh spinach
- Put vinegar in a large bowl with the feta. Use a fork to mash the cheese a little and stir them together. Add the nutmeg and the black pepper and stir again. Keep stirring while you slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Chip the spinach leaves into small pieces, add to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt if necessary.
- Divide among salad bowls, top each with a dollop of yogurt and a dusting of nutmeg, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://thomasfarmproject.com/wp-content/uploads/wppa/27.jpg" border="0" width=320> New mother and gardener with wheat, dairy, and soy allergies. Also hypoglycemic. Looking for some easy recipes to help me survive! In addition, I'm interested in ways to live, eat and cook sustainably. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">