Spinach Salad With Chili Lime Dressing
With jicama, avocado and sunflower seeds tossed in a spicy dressing, this is not your typical spinach salad. From Southern Living.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach or 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 avocado, cubed (sprinkle with lemon or lime juice)
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- If using bulk spinach, remove stems, wash, pat dry and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine spinach, avocado and jicama in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine oil and next 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with sunflower kernels; serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Good salad! I've made this twice and the second time I spiced up the dressing some as I felt it didn't have an interesting enough flavor the first time when made per recipe. To the dressing I added about two tablespoons packed cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper for heat and increased the sugar to two teaspoons, then whipped it all up in the Cuisinart. Tasty salad and not so much to chop. I like the sunflower seeds on top, too. Thanks, LonghornMama, for posting - I'll use this again!