Spinach Salad With Apples, Avocado, and Bacon.
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Bon Appetit, December 2000 Jeff Edmunds, Yankton, SD
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, slices chopped (you can substitute turkey bacon)
- 2 (6 ounce) bags baby spinach leaves
- 2 medium red apples, halved, cored, thinly sliced (such as Red Delicious or Gala)
- 1 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, cubed
- Whisk oil, powdered sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, dry mustard, paprika and ground ginger in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Saute chopped bacon slices in heavy large skilled over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer chopped bacon to paer towel and drain. Combine baby spinach leaves, apple slices, red onion, avocado and bacon in large bowl. Toss salad with enough dressing to coat. Divide salad among plates and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION