Spinach Roulade With Boursin & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
BBCgoodfood.com is where I found this great recipe. Haven't made it as yet but wanted to put her for safekeeping.
- Ready In:
- 2 (200 g) bags ready washed spinach
- 2 (200 g) pots fromage frais (not the virtually fat-free one)
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 150 g boursin garlic & herb spreadable cheese or 150 g roule cheese
- finely grated vegetarian parmesan cheese
- 10 -12 sun-dried tomatoes, shredded
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5 and line a Swiss roll tin (23 x 32cm) with baking paper.
- Cook the spinach in the microwave according to pack instructions (about 2 mins for each bag), then, when cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much juice as you can.
- Tip the spinach into a food processor and add the egg yolks, 1 tbsp fromage frais, plenty of seasoning and the flour.
- Blend until really finely chopped and well mixed.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the spinach mixture.
- Spread in the tin and bake for 12-15 mins until firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, beat the rest of the fromage frais into the Boursin until creamy.
- Put a sheet of baking paper on the work surface and dust with a little of the vegetarian parmesan.
- Turn the spinach mixture onto the work surface and carefully strip off the paper.
- Spread with the cheese mixture and scatter over the tomato.
- Roll up from the shortest end using the paper to guide you.
- Serve straight away.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION