Spinach Pumpernickel Dip
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing and mix well.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove water.
- Add to the mixture and mix well.
- Add optional ingredient(s)
- Hollow out the bread and fill with the sour cream mixture.
- Cube the bread that was removed from the loaves.
- Arrange assorted cut up veggies and bread cubes around loaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A delicious dip which our pre-Christmas guests greatly enjoyed! I simply served this in a bowl with savoury biscuits for dipping. My only additions were some finely minced garlic, some cumin and 2 rashers of crisped and finely chopped bacon. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe, Dreamer. I didn't use the chestnuts on this occasion as I had none on hand but plan to try this with the chestnuts next time I make this. Made for PRMR.
This is a great tasting recipe. I have made some similar but have used soup mix and dried herbs. I am now a convert to the fresh and / or frozen veggies. Gives a great texture, fresher taste, and looks nicer in the bowl. Served with a dark rye and a pumpernickel bread round. Raves all around at the holiday table. Thank you Dreamer
This recipe sounded very much like the one I use except that I use "Knnor" Vegetable soup mix instead of the Herb seasoning mix. Let me tell you its fantastic dip, I serve it in a Large Hawaiian round of bead made into a bowl, Be forewarned go a head and make two if you are having a large party, because it will disappear like magic before your eyes! Thanks for posting this great recipe!