Spinach Noodle Casserole (Lacto Ovo)
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) box gluten free pasta (or half bag of egg noodles if not worrying about gluten)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lbs fresh spinach, coarsely chopped or (10 ounce) bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (the superfine Hol-Grain, Brown Rice Breadcrumbs work well here)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until barely tender.
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion until limp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add spinach. If using fresh spinach, cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes until cooked down. Season with salt.
- Drain pasta and mix with salt, pepper, cottage cheese and grated cheese.
- In a greased, shallow baking dish (I use a glass 13x9 pan), layer half the pasta mixture, half the spinach, the remaining pasta, and top with the remaining spinach.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on top. Bake 20 minutes until top is golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!