Spinach & Mushroom Salad
Nice refreshing salad, Very low calorie. Eye appealing. Use with Recipe #16611, Lemon-Yogurt Vinaigrette. A variation on this recipe is to use Fresh Spring Greens in place of the spinach and a raspberry vinaigrette
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, washed, stems off & dried
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Tear or cut the spinach leaves into small pieces.
- Toss the mushrooms with the lemon juice.
- Place spinach in salad bowl top with mushrooms and sprinkle with parsley.
- Toss with Lemon-Yogurt Vinagrette (Recipe #16611) dressing just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm afraid this really didn't do it for us. I really thought we'd love it--we love spinach, mushrooms, lemon, garlic--everything in this salad and the recommended dressing. I think the lemon juice tossed with the mushrooms is too much. The salad was overwhelmingly lemony--we could barely taste the mushrooms, the spinach, or even the garlic. I'm not sure if I'll try it again, but if I do, I'll definitely skip the lemon juice in the salad, as the dressing is plenty lemony. I think it also needs something besides--maybe a little red onion?Reply
see 2 more