Spinach Mushroom and Artichoke Soup- Fast and Figure Friendly
photo by Mamas Kitchen Hope
- Ready In:
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 3 artichoke hearts (I use frozen but canned would probably be good too)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Halve or quarter mushrooms as desired and saute in a dutch oven sprayed with nonstick spray. When mushrooms are about half done add onion. Stir often.
- When mushrooms and onion are getting soft add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Chop artichoke hearts and spinach (if not already chopped) and add to pot. Stir to combine and cook just until heated through.
- Add chicken broth, wild rice and parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until everything is hot. Can keep on a low simmer for quite a while before serving. Would be good in a crock pot too! Top each bowl with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!