Spinach Minestrone Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (49 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 leek
- 1 large potato
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 (10 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 small cabbage (sliced thin)
- white pepper (to taste)
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- In a large sauce pot, combine teh broth and sauce. Bring it to a boil.
- Dice the carrots, celery, and potato. Combine for approximately four to six cups of vegetables. Slice the leek into 1/2 inch circles and then cut them circles in half.
- Saute two cloves worth of minced garlic and butter in a large frying pan. Add the carrots, celery, and potato to the frying pan. Saute until they are almost soft.
- Pour all the vegetables into the broth and cook for approximately 25 to 30 minutes on medium/low. Add white pepper to your preference.
- Add the sliced cabbage and spinach leaves. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Drain the beans and add to the soup. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Spinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for our lunch and served it with some warm french bread...yummy on a cool and rainy day. We took it down to the beach (ate in our car) and watched the pelicans, surfers and waves. I did cut it down and added some diced tomatoes and zucchini and some italilan seasoning. One I know I will make again and again. I had some left so I am going to add in the leftover sausage we had for breakfast this morning for added flavor (and for DH...he likes a little meat) and have it for lunch today. Made for Spring Pick a Chef 2011.