A mash potato with spinach. A colourful side dish or serve as a bed to meats, casseroles or a stew. Serves 4
- Ready In:
- 1 kg potato (just over 2 lbs)
- 25 g butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 300 ml cream, warmed
- Chop and boil the potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash the potato until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the garlic and baby spinach leaves and stir until the spinach has wilted. Use a gentle heat.
- Blend or process the spinach mix with half of the cream. Use a stick blender or food processor. Blend until pureed.
- Mix the mashed potato, spinach mix and the remaining cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a totally delightful recipe! :) Now I must confess up front that I do a-d-o-r-e spinach and have yet to eat a spinach recipe that I didn't really like. I did double the garlic and add proportionally more of the baby spinach leaves (always a staple in our fridge) than what were specified in the recipe. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, **Jubes**. Made for Ali Babe's Babes for ZWT 5.
I cooked the spinach then added all the cream to it in the blender. Because I needed it all to be quick and easy to toss together just before serving. The spinach gives this a very light and airy mash! I added salt and pepper. Served along side Recipe #170743 which I topped with Recipe #191796 and Recipe #370103. Ta!