MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a long time family favorite, adapted from the "More With Less" cookbook. Good as a side dish or light main course.
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced (optional but recommended)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw spinach or cook in microwave according to package directions. Squeeze dry over the sink.
- Make a white sauce, sautéing onion and garlic, if using, in butter to start.
- Stir in the flour and cook a few minutes more, then add milk and simmer, stirring, until it thickens.
- Combine spinach, white sauce, seasonings, and beaten eggs.
- Pour into greased 8 or 9” square casserole.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION