Spinach Hummus Dip
Great with pita chips and veggies. So easy to make!
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 2⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except spinach in food processor and process until smooth. If necessary, add tsps of water to thin consistency.
- Add the spinach and process until smooth and dark green.
- Chill to blend flavors before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious recipe and ever so easy to prepare! I don't ever purchase hummus in the store prepared. It is so simple to make and tastes so much better when you prepare it fresh!! I made exactly 1/2 this recipe for only the two of us, using fresh baby spinach leaves and dried parsley. I served with organic blue corn tortilla & pretzel chips. Thanks again, *Parsley*, for another delicious recipe!!
I thought this was a great idea and tagged it because I love spinach and lemon together and a smart idea to hide it in some hummus. I used fresh baby leaf spinach and really think that frozen spinach is best left for cooking. Will make again. Thank you Parsley. Made for ZWT 6 for Looney Spoon Phoodies.