Spinach Delight ( Lana's Spinach Salad)
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed and torn
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients together in jar (be sure to mix very thoroughly and if making ahead, mix thoroughly again before serving).
- Place all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss together.
- Toss in salad dressing just before serving.
- Note: The spinach tends to wilt quickly in the dressing so it is very important not to add the dressing until you are ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yummmmmmy. I made this salad for our supper last night and we enjoyed it very much. Our spinach in the garden is ready and I'm always on the lookout for a new salad. This is it.....we loved the added crunch from the water chestnuts and the dressing was wonderful. I did use some of the bacon fat for the vegetable oil otherwise followed the recipe. Thank you for posting.