Spinach Chicken Salad
photo by Pamelamb
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 16 ounces white meat chicken (cooked)
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1. Blanch spinach: Bring water to a boil and add spinach. Boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until spinach is bright green. Drain water from spinach and submerge spinach into a bowl of ice cold water for a few minutes. Strain spinach and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. It helps to press spinach against a sieve or use paper towels to squeeze out the water. The result is a ball of spinach that can fit into the palm of your hand. Chop spinach.
- 2. Pour cubed chicken into a food processor and pulse 5 to 6 times to chop.
- 3. Combine spinach and Knorr soup mix in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with clean hands. Be sure there is no visible soup mix powder. Any soup mix powder should be completely absorbed by the spinach.
- 4. Add the chopped chicken and mayonnaise to the spinach mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 5. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours. The chicken salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!